By Kevin Baker, Seth I. Kamil, Eric Wakin
The sizeable Onion advisor to Brooklyn is an exciting and informative jogging consultant to the ancient humans and areas of Brooklyn. Ten attention-grabbing, fact-filled walks are featured, inviting the reader to take an intimate journey via Brooklyn's very important old websites, neighborhoods, cultural associations, and shops.
From the enduring brownstones of Brooklyn Heights to the recognized piers on Coney Island, this publication covers all of Brooklyn’s remarkable terrain, plus the various not-so-well identified treasures of recent York's a lot loved borough. superbly illustrated with over fifty images and whole with maps and easy-to-follow instructions, all peppered with informative side-bars and engaging stories of Brooklyn lore.
Over two-and-a-half million New Yorkers name historical and colourful Brooklyn domestic and millions extra are interested in this borough each day. no matter if you are new on the town or a local New Yorker exploring Brooklyn for the day, this extraordinary jogging advisor to the old humans and areas of Brooklyn is vital reading.
The significant Onion consultant to Brooklyn will give you an opportunity to explore:
- Downtown Brooklyn and Brooklyn Heights: Take a stroll throughout the oldest city component of Brooklyn with greater than six hundred Antebellum homes.
- Coney Island: Frolic in Brooklyn's playground, the nice “Sodom by means of the Sea.”
- Prospect Park: walk over tricky bridges, earlier the boathouse, sculptures and monuments of Brooklyn’s emerald jewel.
- Williamsburg: discover this ever-changing local that's Italian, Latino, Hassidic, and Hipster all at once.
- Park Slope: observe the best enjoyed residential neighborhoods in Brooklyn, the “ninteenth-century suburb at the subway.”
- Green-Wood Cemetery: find out about recognized Brooklynites buried inside of this ancient backyard cemetery.